Sunday, March 21, 2010

It's true, I have an addiction.



Maybelline Colorama Top Coats- 25 - Shimmer Girl (This is probably 5 years old by now, lol!) and OPI - Jade Is The New Black



I am in love with these two together.  I've had this on since St. Patty's Day and as you can see it still looks perfect.  Base: Rimmel, Top Coat: Seche Vite.

Click to see the wonderful flakes of glitter up close!  I am so happy to have discovered this treasure hiding in the bottom of my polish box!  I would say the colors are accurate.  With Jade Is The New Black, the actual polish dries darker than the color in the bottle.  This is my first time using OPI (I know, right?) and I found that it went on a little streaky.  Is it my base coat, the color, or do all OPIs go on like this?

Also!  I figured out that my camera has a close-up function, ftw!



Pure Ice - Wild Thing (Creme).  Another polish that I've had for years.



This picture, however, was taken before I figured out the close-up function.  I loved this look, but this was the most difficult manicure to maintain ever.



Another picture so you could get a clear shot of the pinky. I used Seche Base Coat here, and it was the weirdest thing but entire nails of polish would pop off!  First it was just one finger on the second day, but by the end of the third three whole nails of polish had popped off.  They were easy enough to put back on, but once they popped off they just kept coming off!! I don't think it was the polish as I had just used it's pink-sister in a mani a few weeks ago and hadn't had the problem - so I figured it was the base coat.  Have any of you had this problem with Seche base coat?  I'm afraid to use it again until I know! Haha.

I did two more green manicures between these looks, but unfortunately I didn't get pictures.  And I'm too sick of green (haha, I know I'm not the only one!) to do them again for a long time to come.  Needless to say I will never attempt to freehand four leaf clovers with a toothpick ever again.  :D

Happy Polishing!

No comments:

Post a Comment